Shift Technology is working closely with insurers to help them transform their businesses in a digital world. We're not talking about consulting - we have a vision for our products, and we bring insurers along with us. We have already built a globally successful B2B product, Force, with a sophisticated UI tailored to fraud detection. Now we're executing on claim automation, which will touch insurers, their partners and their customers (all of us).
We know we won't succeed unless the user experiences we provide are consistently excellent. We have to lead the industry by example, and user experience (UX) is a critical part of what makes our products great.
Your day to day
You will be a UX Designer on Shift's B2B and B2C products. You'll play a key role in defining the user experience and setting a culture of excellence in understanding and responding to our users' needs.
More precisely, you will:
- Work with Product Management to imagine the future of Shift's products as well as new ways that Shift can help our users;
- Work closely with product managers to understand our users' needs, develop innovative design solutions to address them;
- Collaborate with developers to define specifications and build Shift's products; and
- Conduct research, interview users, build prototypes, and organise usability tests.
At Shift, we look for talented people who can learn in their roles. Shift is a fast-growing company, so there will be plenty of opportunities for growth.
You're a great fit for this role if:
- You already have 1-3 years of experience as a UX designer, particularly in data-oriented applications;
- You care deeply (deeply) about user experience, love coming up with creative solutions and back them up with research;
- You are familiar with UX research methods, stay up-to-date with the latest UI techniques and technologies in web and mobile interaction design;
- You are proficient in Sketch/Figma/Adobe CC, and prototyping tools;
- You have strong attention to details, and a solid knowledge of design principles;
- You're capable of working with a team and building consensus, without formal authority; and
- You speak and write English well (French is a bonus.)
Knowledge of insurance is not required - we will teach you. Please include a link to your portfolio.