Not just another start-up, we fight fraud!
At Shift Technology we are proud to have a purpose: to help insurers weed out claims corruption. Our SaaS solution, which leverages Big Data and AI, has been used to unravel fraud networks across Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
If you are motivated by meaningful work, Shift Technology may just be the spot for you!
We are looking to hire an SQL Server database engineer to join our infrastructure team and help ensure the performance and robustness of our data platform. If your application is successful, you will join our infrastructure team and report directly to its lead.
In this role you will work on:
- Designing and optimizing our database schemas, together with our R&D team.
- Helping our devs and data scientists extract the most of their data by tuning their requests and analysing their complex queries
- Maintaining our existing database server portfolio (with backups, automated replications, index rebuilds, etc).
- Planning for and overseeing our growth as we add new products and customers
- Ensuring our datasets are well protected by implementing our security policies
Shift Technology’s engineering department is filled with top performers who are committed to technical excellence, inspired by challenging projects, and always on the look-out for new learning opportunities.
For this critical role, we are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
· You are very proficient with SQL Server and have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
· You are comfortable with very large data sets and ideally have already worked on scaling databases close to their limits
· Automating tedious tasks is second nature to you
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn, always looking to expand your fields of expertise;
- You show leadership by being proactive and taking ownership of your work;
- You often come up with new ideas to solve complex problems, and know how to get your teammates behind them;
- You want your work to have an impact: rather than a cog, you see yourself as the engine;
- You are comfortable dealing with the pressure of delivering an excellent service to our customers;
- You can communicate clearly in English.
The environment is relaxed and creative. There are frequent activities and out of hours' events. The culture is meritocratic and rewards talent.