Not just another start-up, we fight fraud!
At Shift Technology we are proud to have a purpose: to help insurers weed out claims corruption. Our SaaS solution, which leverages Big Data and AI, has been used to unravel fraud networks across Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
If you are someone motivated by meaningful work, Shift Technology may just be the spot for you!
At Shift Technology, we are constantly looking for new ways to innovate. Fraud landscapes are in constant motion and in order to ensure our detection methods are always one step ahead, our data scientists must be too.
Shift Technology data scientists are the central productive force of the company. They design the models, construct the features, implement the rules, and optimize the algorithms that are used throughout the data processing pipeline. They face two main challenges: messy and often incomplete data paired with complex and ever-evolving problems.
The data we collect comes in all shapes and sizes and is not, for the most part, quantitative. Insurance claims data typically includes date, location, circumstantial details, damage descriptions, and involved parties. With that wide array of information, our data scientists must be comfortable with a variety of specific approaches: unsupervised anomaly detection, temporal sequences analysis, semantic network analysis …
As for the solution, our data scientists must be able to produce predictions justified with intelligible explanations, even when very little data is available.
Our data scientists have the exciting mission of designing and implementing models that replicate and enhance real-world fraud handling deduction patterns. They are tasked with optimizing the algorithms involved in the data processing pipeline and making adjustments as fraud scenarios mature and evolve.
After a few short months of joining our data scientist team you will be able to:
- Understand insurance data and fraud mechanisms;
- Create the associated mathematical models;
- Implement, test and optimize the associated algorithms;
- Participate in workshops with the clients to gather feedback and integrate it to the models;
- Continuously provide ideas to improve the solution.
On the job you will be asked to code in C# so programming experience is a big advantage, but not essential if you are willing to learn fast!
Shift Technology’s data science department is filled with top performers who are committed to technical excellence, inspired by challenging projects, and always on the look-out for new learning opportunities.
If the following qualities ring true, you would fit right in at Shift Technology:
- You have advanced technical skills in Applied Mathematics, preferably in machine learning and/or operations research;
- You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details;
- You can write quality production code;
- You don't mind meeting with clients to discuss their needs and integrate their feedback in your projects;
- You can communicate clearly in Portuguese and English, French and/ or Spanish could be a plus!